With over 25 Years of serving the Yoga World, It’s Yoga is one of the oldest schools in the West.
We focus on learning to teach and facilitating the Yoga classes, functional anatomy, It’s Yoga Philosophy, the linage of Ashtanga Vinyasa, journaling as a tool for leaning to share the practice. Safe and effective practice and teaching style.
Seven reasons for a yoga teacher training
- Deepen your Yoga practice with experienced Yoga facilitators and practitioners.
- Learn to express yourself in a confident manner.
- Work in a positive and supportive environment.
- A change to learn new skills for a new career or a part time job.
- Find new friendships and collaboration possibilities with your fellow trainees.
- Take time for personal development, out of the busy day to day life. Learn to use the skills that you already have, and enhance them for guiding students in a Yoga class.
- Opportunities to work around the world teaching Yoga classes.
Subscribe to Teacher Training info
Receive info on events and teacher trainings.
Where to stay during the training in Helsinki?
Looking for a place to stay during the training.. Have a a look at this hotel. It is very close to the studio.
It's Yoga Teacher Training Offering200 & 300 hours programs = over 600 hours of Teacher Training offering
We are a group of dedicated practitioners to the It’s Yoga System and are dedicated to sharing the It’s Yoga System with the world.
Our Ashtanga yoga teacher training program has trained yoga lovers from all around the world and certified them to teach yoga classes with safety and confidence. Our Yoga training supports students in deepening their understanding and relationship to the practice by studying the main ingredients of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga as taught by Patthabi Jois: breath, bandhas and driest. With comprehensive methods to make the practice accessible and appropriate, our approach is modern, therapeutic, challenging, supportive and steeped in yoga tradition.
It’s Yoga International is the only organization dedicated to the lineage of Larry Schultz. From Krishnamacharia, Pattabhi Jois, Larry Schultz, and then to Marie Russel, we strive to serve the community of Rocket Practitioners with highest quality trainings and standards to ensure a lasting legacy. Thank you for your interest in It’s Yoga, jump on board the Rocket with the best of the best! Namaste.
Year 2016 we will be offering 200 hours Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher Trainings, apply for Yoga Alliance registration RYT200,
and Advanced Teacher Trainings over 300 hours in Helsinki, and Europe. After which you can apply for Yoga Alliance Registration as RYT500. Stay tuned for more info!
It's Yoga System & Teacher Training
The It’s Yoga System, which was designed by Larry Schultz, has produced thousands of high quality yoga teachers all around the world since 1989. It’s Yoga’s mission is “to share the love of the practice,” and, as Larry Schultz used to say, “teach what you practice, and practice what you teach.” More than memorizing a script, we, at It’s Yoga Satellite, encourage our students to teach from their own experience and understanding of the practice as we guide them into understanding the true meaning and message behind the practice of yoga. How Larry taught according to his personal experience and understanding of yoga into his teaching is what made his style of teaching truly unique.
After studying under the guidance of Pattabhi Jois for seven years, Larry began to teach yoga to western students, and he soon realised that most of the postures (most especially the deep hip openers) in the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series were not accessible to most of his students. Having prior experience in the Intermediate Series and some postures in the Advanced Series, he created the Rocket Yoga routines with the intention of giving his students an opportunity to experience the benefits of the practice in a deeper level by opening their bodies in a faster way.
Our system offers a full week schedule of practice, each day a different routine that works on different parts of the body, promoting a sense of harmony within the body and mind. The schedule is sequenced in such a way that the routines each day will help you to build up the foundation for the following day. Each week, we end with a Rocket 3 practice, which Larry used to call “BBQ Rocket,” and this helps to recharge the entire body as it allows you to move, bend, and twist into many different directions by using every single muscle of your body.
Here is the It’s Yoga weekly schedule, which we encourage our students to follow as they do their daily self practice:
Sunday – Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Full Primary Series
Monday – Rocket 1
Tuesday– Rocket 2 (modified)
Wednesday – Rocket 2
Thursday – Rocket 1 / Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga Full Primary Series
Friday – Rocket 3
Saturday – (day off)
During our 200-hour and 100-hour courses, you will have the chance to experience the benefits of two strong traditions – Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga and Rocket Vinyasa Yoga. Countless of practitioners who have trained with us have perceived the numerous benefits of these two yoga systems, all of them noticing a huge improvement in their own body and mind, even after just 21 or 10 days of practicing with us. We offer well-rounded teacher training courses that have a great balance between Asana practice, Anatomy, Yoga Philosophy, practice teaching, and so much more.
Course 200 - Yoga Teacher Teacher Training - 200 hours
This course is set upon the sequence of the Ashtanga Primary Series (Yoga Chikitsa) and the creative flow found in the Vinyasa Flow style of asana practice – Rocket Yoga. The traditional Ashtanga Primary series lays a strong foundation for the students, they will also learn to modify the series for their students needs, still practicing asana using breathe, dristi (gaze) and bandhas (energy locks). By the end of the course, students will be able to teach with confidence the Ashtanga primary series, Modified Primary Series, Mixed Flow class, or create your own flow class using safe yoga sequencing techniques.
Course 301 - Foundations For Rocket - 100 hours
This course is set upon the sequence of the Ashtanga Primary Series (Yoga Chikitsa) and the creative flow found in Rocket Yoga. The traditional Ashtanga Primary series lays a strong foundation for the students, they will also learn to modify the series for their students needs.
During this course you will practice
- It’s Yoga Philosophy
- Review functional anatomy
- Ashtanga Primary Series
- Ashtanga Modified Series
- Mixed Flow Class
- Rocket 1
Prerequisites: 200 hours teacher training
Course 302 - Learning to Fly - 100 hours
In this course you will dive deeper into Yoga practice, and adding more variety to your professional yoga teaching selection. Practice classes based on Rocket sequencing, Yin, Restorative, Pranayama, Anatomy, Advanced Vinyasa Flow Yoga Sequencing techniques.
This is an Advanced Training – continuing education course, towards 300 hours more training. Prerequisite for this course is 200 hours Ashtanga Vinyasa Teacher Training or Rocket Foundations Course.
- Rocket 2
- Rocket 3
- Modifications of the Rocket Sequences
- Golden Rocket – Slower phased, more restorative and meditative class.
- Yin Yoga
- Restorative Yoga
- Advanced Principles of sequencing – Flow Yoga
The course is a 10 day intensive. 100 hours course includes home work assignments.
Non It’s Yoga Graduates: Course 301
Course 501 - Mastering It's Yoga System - 100 hours
Mastering the It’s Yoga System: Practice, Teaching and Service
- How to teach and assist the Rocket Routines
- How to modify all the postures of the It’s Yoga System (140) ; Sanskrit of all the Postures
- How to ensure students are moving from the main ingredients of the practice
- How to share the Rocket Routines with beginners
- How to commit to your daily practice as an instructor – practice what you teach/teach what you practice
- Tools to achieve personal excellence
- History/Philosophy of Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga through the It’s Yoga Lens
- Deepening your practice and taking it to the next level on and off the mat
- Learn how to inspire others on and off the mat
- Presenting yourself as a powerful instructor and tools to be an effective facilitator
- How to collaborate with other wellness related professionals in your community
- How to connect and communicate with students to initiate commitment and growth in their practice
- Being of service as an instructor
- Required reading and journaling, quizzes, practice teaching, written essays
- 50-100 hours of Rocket Training
- about 6 months of teaching Rocket Yoga
Reasons to participate in this Program:
- Refresh your yoga practice
- Gain 100 credit hours towards IYI 500-Hour Teacher Training Certification
- Create space to focus on yourself and your visions for the future
- Meet other It’s Yoga Trainers and It’s Yoga Board Members
- Enjoy the It’s Yoga Lifestyle
- Return home inspired and focused for the future
- Enjoy healthy, delicious, local, fresh meals and snacks!
- Be a part of the Silent Revolution!
Course 502 - Becoming an It's Yoga International Rocket Trainer - 100 hours
- How to facilitate the It’s Yoga 200 Hours Trainings
- How to facilitate Rocket Trainings
- The Commerce of Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy, Lifestyle and Ethics for Yoga Teacher
- Practicum, practice teaching, assisting, observing, giving and receiving feedback
- Becoming a Professional It’s Yoga Trainer
The It’s Yoga Teacher Training Program is a practical training designed to make you a confident and effective Ashtanga Yoga Instructor – for all levels of students.
The purpose of this program is to provide a supportive environment in which you begin to connect with your inner teacher, your internal wisdom and authentic voice. Through pranayama, asana practice, mind-body journaling, group conversation, reading and guided meditation, you will practice the essential process of conscious listening to your own higher self.
This training includes the opportunity to practice five different routines based on the Ashtanga Yoga tradition. The routines range in skill level from the basic beginner to the most advanced. We will share our expertise about marketing, pricing, teaching group or private classes and setting up your own yoga school. Interest in yoga is growing along with demand for qualified instructors.